Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

New pangs


“New shoes, huh? Niceee lady!” most noticed and didn’t take a minute to shower their compliments. Point taken but I wasn’t happy.
Because the new ones were biting me real bad. So much so that I had to seek the protection of good old bandage. I suddenly realised that everything new does come with its own share of discomfort.

Say for instance,
• Remember the first teeth that came and the troubles you inflicted back home. Maybe you were too young to remember but you’re parents can never forget the teething troubles
• New school and the ‘take me home’ kind of feeling
• New break-up and ‘let’s kill all couples around’ feeling
• New car and ‘protect the virginity’ responsibility
• New relationship and ‘does he like me’ psychometric tests
• New house and ‘easy EMI’s’ which is nothing but easy
• New style but ‘old me’ syndrome
• New clients but ‘poor me’
• New kid and sleepless nights
• New recipes but ‘I like my daal-rice’ statements
• New year but ‘same old salary’ syndrome

I keep complaining about the old and look forward to the new. But new can be painful, some times. Then the comfort of the old feels so good. Like right now, I so very badly want to get rid of the new footwear and step into my old bedroom slippers. So what if it desperately needs to retire but it is harmless and doesn’t bite my comfort away.


Pic Courtesy: Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment